The Nitrogen Deposition and Natura 2000 Workshop will be held in Brussels from the 18-20 May, 2009. The main focus will be to harmonize approaches for determining the impacts of atmospheric nitrogen deposition on Natura 2000 and review the future policy options.
Key Issues will include:
- Pairing national scientists and conservation practitioners
- Considering site-based case studies
- Comparing approaches between countries
- Developing clear messages to improve assessments
- Exploiting cross-compliance and informing future policy development
- Communicating the scale of the problem
The registration period is now over.